Upon launching TikTok for the first time, the urge to like every video and follow each creator is undeniable. However, an excessive number of followed creators can lead to a cluttered and uninspiring Home feed. Therefore people quickly look for how to unfollow on TikTok?
Thankfully, TikTok empowers you with complete authority to manage your followers and unfollows. The following steps elucidate the process for both iPhone and Android users.
Why do people follow and unfollow
Following others helps you find content that aligns with your interests. But interests change, and unfollowing becomes a natural part of the TikTok experience.
How to Follow People on TikTok?
You can take these simple steps to follow someone on TikTok:
- Open TikTok and navigate to the profile of the individual you wish to follow. You can do this by tapping on the username within a video or by searching their account with the name.
- Simply tap the prominent red Follow button.
- Upon completion, they will be included in your Following list.
You can view the content specifically from your followers by opening the TikTok Following feed.
How to Unfollow on TikTok
Unfollowing via Profile Page
- Visit the profile page of the user you wish to unfollow.
- Locate and tap the icon resembling a person with a checkmark on it.
Unfollowing through the Following List
This is particularly useful for unfollowing multiple users simultaneously.
- Access your profile page and tap the Following button beneath your username.
- A list of the accounts you follow will be displayed. To unfollow a user, tap the gray Following button to the right of their name.
Unfollow on TikTok by Blocking
Blocking a user on TikTok automatically unfollows them. Learn How to block someone on TikTok in simple steps.
How to unfollow everyone on TikTok at Once
TikTok doesn’t have a simple button to unfollow everyone at once. If you want to unfollow multiple people, you must follow a few steps to clean up your following list.
There are two ways to unfollow everyone on TikTok. The first way is to manually go through your list and click on each account with a “Following” button.
Some apps claim to let you unfollow everyone on TikTok in one go, but using these apps can be risky. TikTok might not approve them, and using them could block or limit your account. It’s best to avoid these apps to keep your account safe.
If you’re willing to take the risk and try third-party apps, search for “Mass unfollowing” on the App Store or Google Play to find different apps.
Remember, using third-party apps comes with risks, so it’s up to you to decide whether it’s worth it or not. It’s essential to be cautious and prioritize the security of your TikTok account.
Reasons to Unfollow on TikTok
People follow lots of TikTok creators and then unfollow them for different reasons. Let’s check out the everyday situations:
- Boring Content: People’s interests change quickly. What used to be interesting might not be anymore. It’s okay to unfollow accounts to avoid too much content you’re not into.
- Fake Accounts: Sometimes, you might have followed a phony account by mistake. Fake profiles often follow many accounts but have very few followers.
- Abandoned Pages: If a TikTok account is inactive with no new posts, stories, or interactions, it’s okay to unfollow it.
- Overactive Users: Some users post a lot, flooding your feed. If you’re not interested, you can unfollow them.
- Too Many Follows: Following too many creators on TikTok can make your following feed messy with irrelevant content. You can then unfollow those accounts that you are no longer interested in.
- Finding the Right Content: Following many accounts means you might miss important posts. TikTok shows content from everyone, making it hard to find what you really want.
Unfollowing on TikTok is a simple but vital part of managing your experience on the app. Whether personal or content-driven, your reasons for unfollowing are just that – yours. Enjoy your TikTok journey, and don’t be afraid to customize it to your preferences.